The title and a summary of the proposed Code Adoption Ordinance and a listing of the Table of Contents of the proposed codification are as follows:
AN ORDINANCE TO APPROVE, ADOPT AND ENACT AN ORDINANCE CODIFICATION FOR THE TOWNSHIP OF BARRETT, COUNTY OF MONROE, COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA; TO PROVIDE FOR THE REPEAL OF CERTAIN LEGISLATION NOT INCLUDED THEREIN; TO SAVE FROM REPEAL CERTAIN OTHER LEGISLATION NOT INCLUDED THEREIN; AND TO PROVIDE PENALTIES FOR TAMPERING WITH THE CODE.
This proposed ordinance provides:
(1) For the approval, adoption and enactment of the codification of a complete body of legislation for the Township of Barrett, as revised, codified and consolidated into titles, chapters and sections, such codification being designated as the Code of the Township of Barrett.
(2) That the provisions of the Code are intended as the continuation of legislation in effect immediately prior to adoption of this ordinance.
(3) For the repeal of inconsistent ordinances or parts of ordinances of a general and permanent nature which are not included in the Code, except as specifically saved from repeal.
(4) That certain ordinances, rights and obligations be expressly saved from repeal.
(5) That ordinances of a general and permanent nature adopted subsequent to preparation of the Code but prior to its adoption are deemed part of the Code.
(6) For the adoption and ratification of changes and revisions made during preparation of the Code to the previously adopted legislation included therein, and for the inclusion of certain new legislation. Such changes, revisions and new legislation include:
(a) Nonsubstantive grammatical and style changes.
(b) Nomenclature changes.
(c) General revision of penalty provisions.
(d) Removal of specific permit and license fee amounts and authority for such fees to be set by resolution of the Board of Supervisors.
(e) Adoption and ratification of other substantive changes and revisions made so as to bring provisions included in the Code into conformity with the policies and intent of the Board of Supervisors. Such changes and revisions are specifically enumerated and described in the ordinance.
(7) For the interpretation of provisions.
(8) That titles, headings and editor's notes are inserted for the convenience of persons using the Code and are not part of the legislation.
(9) For the filing of at least one copy of the Code in the office of the Township Secretary where it shall remain for use and examination by the public.
(10) For the incorporation of future additions, deletions, amendments or supplements into the Code.
(11) That Code books be kept up-to-date under the supervision of the Township Secretary.
(12) That notice of introduction of the ordinance and Code be published according to law, and that enactment of the ordinance, coupled with filing of a copy or copies of the Code and publication of such notice, will be deemed due and legal publication of all provisions of the Code.
(13) For penalties for anyone convicted of altering or tampering with the Code.
(14) That provisions of the Code and of the ordinance are severable.
(15) That the effective date of the Code and of the ordinance will be August 1, 2022.
The chapters included in the codification are as follows (all chapter numbers not listed are reserved for future use).
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Part I: Administrative Legislation
Chapter 1 General Provisions
Article I Adoption of Code
Chapter 28 Environmental Advisory Counsel
Chapter 70 Municipal Authority
Chapter 91 Pensions
Article I Police Pension Plan
Article II Pension Provisions
Chapter 112 Salaries and Compensation
Article I Compensation of Supervisors
Part II: General Legislation
Chapter 175 Airport Zoning
Chapter 181 Alarm Systems
Chapter 188 Animals
Article I Control of Dogs
Article II Keeping of Animals
Chapter 206 Burners, Outdoor Wood-Fired
Chapter 213 Burning, Outdoor
Article I Fire Ban Emergency
Article II Outdoor Burning Regulations
Chapter 225 Construction Code, Uniform
Chapter 254 Fireworks
Chapter 265 Floodplain Management
Chapter 299 Insurance
Article I Fire Insurance Claims
Chapter 366 Peddling and Soliciting
Article I Transient Retail Businesses
Chapter 375 Property Maintenance
Chapter 391 Rental Property
Article I Short-Term Rental Units
Chapter 400 Sewers
Article I On-Lot Disposal Systems
Chapter 407 Signs
Chapter 415 Solid Waste
Chapter 425 Stormwater Management
Chapter 431 Street Naming and Building Numbering
Chapter 440 Streets and Sidewalks
Article I Openings and Excavations
Article II Driveway and Road Occupancy Permits
Chapter 450 Subdivision and Land Development
Chapter 459 Taxation
Article I Earned Income and Net Profits Tax
Article II Realty Transfer Tax
Article III Local Services Tax
Chapter 478 Vehicle Nuisances
Article I Engine-Powered Vehicles
Chapter 485 Vehicles and Traffic
Article I Speed Limits
Chapter 492 Vehicles, Junked and Abandoned
Chapter 503 Water
Article I Wells
Article II Private Wells
Chapter 525 Zoning
Please take further notice that the Barrett Township Board of Supervisors intends to adopt the proposed Code Adoption Ordinance at a public meeting on Wednesday, August 10, 2022 at 5:30 p.m. at the above referenced Township Building. If you wish to attend this public meeting and require auxiliary aid, service, or other accommodation to participate in the proceedings, please call (570) 595-2602, ext. 3 to discuss how Barrett Township may best accommodate your needs.
WEITZMANN, WEITZMANN & HUFFMAN, LLC
By: Todd W. Weitzmann, Esquire
700 Monroe Street
Stroudsburg, PA 18360
Solicitor, Barrett Township
Board of Supervisors
P - July 31