With the enhanced rebate resolution, qualifying property owners will receive their state rebate of up to $650 and then up to 200 percent of that amount in a rebate from the school district for the third tax year.
The guidelines for individuals to qualify for the state and Pocono Mountain SD property tax rebate programs are as follows:
- Must own and have occupied their home as their primary residents during the school year of which the tax rebate is being requested;
- They or their spouse must have been at least 65 years old as of December 31 of the tax year;
- They were permanently disabled during all or part of tax year;
- Must be 18 years or older during 2018, and were unable to work because of a permanent medically determined physical or mental disability;
- Their total tax year household income must have been $ 35,000 or less. Fifty percent of social security/railroad retirement income shall be excluded in determining eligibility income limits;
- They or someone on their behalf must have paid the school taxes in full on the residence for applicable school year by December 31;
- Only one member of each household may file a claim even if more than one person is qualified to receive a rebate.
The application to apply for a property tax rebate and other information on the program are available to qualifying property owners from Pocono Mountain SD on the school district’s website at www.pmsd.org under the Business Department. Individuals who do not have access to the Internet may call the Pocono Mountain business office at (570) 839-7121, extension 10163 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. for more information.