The Ceremony was brought to life by:
- The Color Guard: The American Legion Evans-Blitz Post #922.
- National Moment of Remembrance – Bell Toll & Opening Remarks:
- Rollin J. Ronemus, Commander, American Legion Evans-Blitz Post #922
- The National Anthem: performed as a duet by Hailey LaBar and Anna Holmwood, students at East Stroudsburg High School –South.
- The Pledge of Allegiance: led by Boy Scout Troop #89, Troop Leader – Steve Mazza, Assistant Troop Leader – Chad Gray and Girl Scout Troop #50017 led by Troop Leader Leigh Petryk.
- Invocation: Mr. Sumner Shumway, Chaplain, American Legion Evans-Blitz Post #922
- Wreath Laying: Priscilla Blitz Kice and James A. Evans in remembrance of their uncles, Pfc. James C. Evans & Pfc. Russell H. Blitz, who were killed in battle in World War II. Both were from Canadensis, PA.
- Benediction: “It is the Soldier;” words by Charles W. Province
- Conclusion: Playing of Taps and Posting of Colors – American Legion Post Evans-Blitz #922
A special thank you goes out to all those that attended the ceremony and to those that had to be there in spirit. Also we are grateful to all those in the community that worked over the past several years to plan for and execute the new monument to secure the Veterans Memorial Plaques on display at the High Acres Park Memorial Garden.
Memorial Day is a time to remember those that gave the ultimate sacrifice. We in this country owe a great debt of gratitude to those who sacrificed their lives so we could live free. We can start to pay that debt by not forgetting, by remembering what they did, and what they stood for.
Very truly yours,
High Acres Park Committee
Priscilla Blitz Kice, Chairperson
Cherie Jean Jones
Sonia M. White
Nicole Poggi Hilfiger