Looking out for our customers We’re facing this public health challenge together. Here are some of the things we’re doing to look out for our customers during this coronavirus pandemic.
Delivering on our core mission Our homes, health-care facilities and grocery stores need reliable electricity to keep moving during this crisis. Powering our communities remains our number one responsibility.
Rest assured, throughout this crisis and beyond, we’re working every day to maintain a strong, resilient and reliable power grid. You need us to keep your lights on, and we’re here for you. And we’re doing it safely by limiting direct interaction between our employees and customers and respecting social distancing at all times.
Offering assistance to customers in need
If you can’t pay your bill during this crisis, we will not cut off your electric service. We’ve also waived late payment charges for all customers, effective March 16, 2020.
Beyond that, a variety of payment assistance programs are available if you’re struggling to pay your bill during this time.
- OnTrack offers a lower, fixed monthly bill and debt forgiveness for customers who are income-eligible.
- Operation HELP is a fund supported by our company, employees and customers. It provides grants to help eligible customers pay their heating bills. We’re happy to say that our PPL Foundation recently donated an extra $500,000 to Operation HELP.
- LIHEAP is a federal program that provides cash and crisis grants to eligible customers. It’s open through April 10, so there’s still time to apply.
- Budget billing can smooth out your payments so they’re consistent and predictable throughout the year.
- We may be able to set you up with a payment arrangement to split up past due balances into installments.
Learn more and apply for assistance
Alerting our customers about scams
Scammers don’t rest during pandemics. We’ve heard reports that bad-actor energy suppliers are lying to customers about the impact of coronavirus on future utility rates. They’re making these threats to get you to switch your energy supplier. Our advice: Don’t buy into their schemes.
Protect yourself from scams
Making sure you're paying the lowest rate possible
PPL delivers electricity to your home, but you can choose the company that generates your power supply. Our Price to Compare - the rate you pay for electricity generation if you choose not to shop - is 7.632¢/kWh for residential customers. Have you confirmed that your supplier is charging the lowest rate possible?
Learn more and confirm your rates
Remember that we’re always here to answer your questions. Visit pplelectric.com or call 1-800-342-5775 for support.
Stay safe and stay healthy.