• Assists the Executive Secretary/Treasurer (referred to as Secretary) with the
administration of the Township
• Assists with File management
• Assists with preparation for annual audits (DCED, Liquid Fuels, Workers Comp etc.)
• In the absence of the Secretary, accepts applications for permits, assisting the
applicant when necessary.
• Sends faxes, makes copies, shreds waste paper, and types correspondence and
documents under direction.
• Assists in management of Park Reservations schedule
• Assist in management of Community Shed ie: organization, donations, distributions
• Assist in preparing monthly reports (Roads, gas, park etc)
• Acts as receptionist for the Secretary, observing proper business etiquette and
telephone manners when speaking to residents and others.
• Attends periodic classes, at the expense of the Township, in municipal management
that become available from time to time, at the direction of the Secretary.
• Assist in management of website and social media
• Knowledge and Abilities - Ability to deal effectively with the public and other
Township personnel. Must maintain professional appearance and attitude at all times.
• Ability to arrange transportation for various errands and attending classes when
• Knowledge of filing systems, copiers, fax machine, computers, data entry procedures
and operation of general office equipment. Must have reasonable typing skills, and an
intermediate skill level with computers.
• Must be able to read at a minimum high school level. The employee must be able to
provide oral communication to Township personnel, residents and the general public.
Good organizational and writing skills are also required.
• Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality of all sensitive records and proceedings
within the Township office.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
• High School diploma, or the equivalent
• Intermediate level of competency in typing, Windows 10 and data entry procedures
• Experience in filing and office organization
• Experience in telephone receptionist duties preferred, but not required
Send resume to:
Barrett Township Supervisors, 993 Route 390, Cresco, PA 18326